Welcome


Monday, August 29, 2011

M & M, Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tonight was baking night.  I guess I needed some comfort foods!

We started off with m&m, chocolate chip cookies.  I followed the Toll House recipe on the back and also dumped in 3 small packages of m&m's.  My son just participated in a fund raiser for his football team and he wanted to purchase this type of cookie for $15!  Instead, we made it for about $3!

My trick to keeping them soft and yummy is to take them out of the oven at the least amount of recommended minutes.  Toll House says 9-11 minutes.  I take them out at 9, even if they don't look finished.  Let them sit for another 5 minutes outside of the oven while still on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.  This allows them to cook themselves the rest of the way, but slowly which keeps them soft.  



I like to re-purpose items, so instead of storing them in a plastic bag, I reused an airtight container I saved from the cashews I purchased at Costco.  It's great for storage and even better for the environment!



 
Madeleine quickly discovered the dessert after finishing her dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment